Member Services Associate
Member Service Associate – Call Center –Life Insurance License Required!
Do you enjoy helping people? Do you thrive in a fast paced, member focused environment? This is a great opportunity to use your strong customer service phone skills.
In this pivotal role, the Member Services Associate interacts with members, agents, and internal team members to answer general inquiries on member policies and products. The role requires creative problem solving, critical thinking and empathy skills are essential. Individual provides prompt, professional and accurate responses to phone and written inquiries. Works in a fast-paced environment providing excellent customer service. Professional interaction, active and passive listening skills. The ability to utilize computer-based resources in a highly effective manner to educate and provide accurate responses to member inquiries is crucial. In addition, an innate ability to be compassionate and empathetic when handling complex member inquiries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Act as first point of contact for routine requests and queries to assist our members and agents.
- Provide and fulfill policy owner services requests, such as beneficiary and ownership changes, death benefit option changes, conversion, removal of riders, address changes, loans, premium administration, etc.
- Update member’s policy information and database to reflect changes in member’s insurance information.
- Establish and maintains a professional relationship with both external and internal customers while developing a thorough understanding of service needs.
- Perform responsibilities in a consistent, professional manner while exercising strong verbal, interpersonal and quality service skills with all members, partnerships and NCSF team.
- Identify gaps in workflow and make recommendations around improving processes.
- Work to enhance and strengthen the relationship between the member and the Society.
- Participate in industry meetings for continuing education and/or obtaining industry designations.
- Any additional duties that are necessary to complete this job role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thorough knowledge of Life insurance and Annuity products
- Interpersonal skills - an extroverted personality and the ability to communicate with a variety of personality types, comfortable interacting with strangers.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly detail oriented and driven.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Team player: willing to assist cross functional teams and projects.
- Empathy and compassion – listen first to make emotional connection with member to get an understanding of member needs.
- Emotional intelligence - the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
- Use best judgment in handling each situation, employing the right action at the right time.
- Urgency with follow-through, acting with speed to do what you will say you will do.
- Effectively communicate with customers using effective selling & listening skills, using proper terminology and approved messaging
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; high level capacity to multitask independently and on a computer.
- Knowledge of Office 365
- English/Spanish Bi-Lingual helpful but not required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in the financial services industry
- Experience in member services capacity
- Salesforce or other CRM system experience
- Life Producer Insurance License preferred or working towards licensing.
- Other financial services or life insurance professional designations a plus
Ability to read and analyze certificates and policy documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members.
Ability to calculate simple math figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing and Spreadsheet software such as Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a typical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.