Reports To: SVP – Sales & Distribution
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date: October 31, 2019
We are looking for a qualified Sales Administrator Assistant with receptionist responsibilities to join our team and help us achieve our sales goals. You will serve as a point of contact for independent insurance agents and customers with queries about our products or information about insurance certificates. This position provides support for our internal sales representatives. Our ideal candidate is goal-oriented and has a deep knowledge and experience with customer service best practices. Works with the internal sales team daily to coordinate and complete all necessary duties. This role also has front desk responsibilities which include answering incoming calls, greeting visitors and controlling access to maintain building security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Sales administrative responsibilities:
- Handle agent and member (customer) inquires
- Review applications submitted by Independent Life Insurance Producers to ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines and assist with applications that may not be in good order
- Prepare quotes and illustrations
- Prepare Salesforce Reports - Weekly Business Submitted, Weekly Business Issued, track results monthly as well as track Agent Production Contest Results
- Work with Accounting Department to review weekly commission payments
- Coordinate meeting invitations to training sessions for agents, members and staff.
- Work with New Business, Customer Care, Marketing and Outreach & Engagement departments
- Assist in assembling Client/Agent Meeting Materials
- Assist with call initiatives for agent recruiting
- Track member referrals outsourced to agents
Front Desk Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls, screen and forward to the appropriate individual or department and maintain a daily telephone call log
- Administer telephone system i.e. switching extensions, resetting voicemail and recording appropriate corporate greetings
- Greet and welcome visitors, maintain a visitor’s log, notify appropriate staff members of visitor’s arrival and maintain security by following procedures for controlling visitor access
- Provide backup for mailroom services
- Assist with general internal & external admin support and perform any additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional with strong verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Salesforce or other CRM experience, Microsoft Office expertise
- Ability to create and maintain reports, Excel spreadsheet analysis a must.
- English/Spanish Bi-Lingual a plus but not required
- Demonstrated administrative skills including filing and data entry
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 + year of college, or equivalent
- 2+ years of Customer Service Experience in a professional environment
- 1+ years of Insurance Industry experience is a plus but not required.
Ability to read and analyze certificates and policy documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members.
Ability to calculate simple math figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing and Spreadsheet software such as Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a typical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.